Welcome, We are glad to have you as our guest.
NEWS from the officers:
What to expect while the UTA is changing magazines.
The UTA members have recently voted to change from the Trapper and Predator Magazine to the Trapper’s Post Magazine. This is a change that we are excited for but are asking for everyone’s cooperation and patience with. It will take this year to get all of our members converted over. Listed below are frequent asked questions we are getting along with the renewal process for you to get your magazine.
When the Trapper and Predator sends you your renewal slip, it means it is time to renew your magazine. So you send the red Trapper and Predator slip to Amber at Po Box 25 Hyrum, UT 84319. She will then submit your name to the Trapper’s Post Magazine. Now please keep in mind that you will still be getting renewal forms from the Trapper and Predator Magazine. It is because you have technically not renewed with them. They will stop sending them after three months. After you have sent your information to Amber she will then send you a letter back saying that your membership is current. You then have been converted over to the Trapper’s Post Magazine and should be expecting your first issue the following month.
The Trapper’s Post will send you a magazine every other month. Listed below are the months on how the magazine will be sent out.
Frequent asked questions
· I renewed my magazine at the fur sale but I am still getting the Trapper and Predator renewal requests.
o This is because we have converted your magazine over to the Trapper’s Post. The renewal request forms will stop being sent to you in three months.
· What if I still want to keep getting the Trapper and Predator Magazine?
o What you would do is renew through them. Basically you will send one of the red renewal slips to the Trapper and Predator, and they will process your magazine request. Don’t forget to renew your membership with the UTA separate if you prefer this magazine.
· Can I still get the Trapper and Predator Magazine along with The Trapper’s Post Magazine?
o YES. You will send Amber one red Trapper and Predator slip along with your membership dues. You will then send the other red slips to the Trapper and Predator, with a separate check to them. That way you will have both magazines. Please remember that you are responsible if you have problems with the Trapper and Predator, not the UTA. We are happy to answer questions if you have them.
· How will the Trapper’s Post notify me when my subscription is due?
o The Trapper’s Post will notify you the same way that the Trapper and Predator did. They will send you a renewal form. You will then send that form to Amber and she will process it like in years past. The Trapper’s Post will send out renewals 2 issues before the expiration of the subscription, (4 months).
· Does the Trapper’s Post cost more?
o NO. Your membership dues you pay every year will cover the charge of the magazine.
2013 FUR SALE REPORT is now posted on the Presiden'ts page.
Interesting news article: http://news.yahoo.com/bobcat-attacked-mass-man-had-rabies-113245274.html
AN APOLOGY TO A SPONSOR
Many of you saw the article about our Youth Coyote Hunt in the most current SFW magazine. Somehow one of our sponsors did not make it into print, I want to be sure to recognize all who contribute. Sam Bodell Utah Studio of Taxidermy has supported theYouth Hunt for several years now donating pedestal mounts for trophies, as well as discount coupons. You can see a picture of this year's donated coyote mount on our Facebook page. We thank Sam, and all sponsors for their support, and encourage you to consider Utah Studio of Taxidermy for your next mount.
Check out the new "Utah Trappers Assoc" Face Book page.
To submit your photos, stories, questions, swap meet stuff, etc.- email to Theron: email@example.com
Attention Fellow Trappers,
In the past few months the NTA has been forwarded multiple names, numbers, and email address from trappers that have been contacted by a host of different production companies, all with a grand idea of the perfect way to represent trapping and trappers through various scripts and story lines. We have asked that our affiliates pass the word to their members and to be weary of these people until some investigation can be accomplished. The NTA has asked Dave and Karen Linkhart to take the lead on these and do the investigations as those who are on the up and up and those who may have a history of distorting the facts. Thus far we have been fortunate because those with suspicious intentions seem to drop away when challenged but more concerning is when they shift gears and begin to wave potential stardom in front of one of us. It is very difficult to resist the temptation but please forward the information to us. If things seem to be legitimate, we will gladly assist in making the opportunity a positive experience. Please beware!
The UTA has a supporting membership program where you can show your support for trapping by becoming a "Supporting Member". There are no dues required and we will not bug you with communications, advertisements etc., nor will we sell or share your contact information. The only time we would communicate with you would be if an emergency came up and we needed your show of support. If you would like to become a "Supporting Member" please send an email to Cris Dew at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your support. Please consider signing up. It only takes a minute to shoot Cris an email. There is an advantage to having good numbers of members.
The Member's Page has a new picture viewer that makes it much faster and easier. You have the options of several galleries; just click on the "Categories" tab to chose what you want to look at. Please help this to stay interesting and send me your trapline (or related) photos. email@example.com
We are glad to have you as our guest. The mission of the Utah Trappers Association is to promote our privilege of trapping in an ethical manner. It is the responsibility of us as trappers to do all that we can to help insure that our rich heritage of trapping will be passed on from one generation to the next.
We want this to be a fun web site as well as an informative one. Information will be provided on upcoming events as well as past events. Instruction on fur handling as well as humane sets will be included. The UTA feels it is important to place strong emphasis that the wildlife that we catch should be treated with the utmost respect. This respect begins before we ever set a trap and carries on in the pelt preparation and handling.
If you are not a member of the UTA or another state or national trapping organization, we strongly encourage you to do so. The future of trapping depends on strong state and national trapping organizations.
The UTA has 4 traditional activities each year. These are:
* Convention/Rendezvous....held Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday morning each year, the week-end following Labor Day in Sept., at the Juab County Fairgrounds in Nephi. A General Membership Meeting is typically held early Saturday afternoon. The awards banquet is held Saturday evening. The raffle drawing will be held on Sat. night. There are contests, demos, vendors and lots of fun. AND, the price is right: FREE ADMISSION (except for the Awards Banquet. A potluck dish or small fee may be charged).
* Fur Sale....This is typically held on the second week-end in February at the Juab County Fairgrounds in Nephi. A General Membership Meeting is typically held early Saturday afternoon. Here members bring their pelts to be sold at auction. We have a great reputation as one of the best fur sales nationwide.
* Summer Camp Out is typically held Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday in the later part of June. We vary the locations from year to year. This is a very informal get-together. This activity is for fun and relaxation without all the work associated with the other activities. We usually have a shooting contest, horse shoe tournament and dutch-oven pot luck. A General Membership Meeting is typically held early Saturday afternoon.
* Youth Coyote Hunt...This is a coyote calling contest that involves the kids. One of the requirements of joining the contest is having a kid on your team. This is one of the most popular contests around and has very good support from members and sponsors and is sure to please any and all kids that participate. This is typically held in November and the hunt headquarters is the Juab County Fairgrounds in Nephi. A General Membership Meeting is NOT typically held.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS
If you are a regular member and would like to receive our communications (News Letters) via email, we would LOVE to do that. It saves us postage money, the work of stuffing envelopes and you get your info days sooner. Please email Chris Dew at:
Convention photos are on the Member's Page.
Scholarship Information is available at the bottom of the President's Report page. Click on the forms to download them for information and application or email Stacy Dew at: . firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated forms for scholarship applicants are on the President's Report Page. Scroll down past the award photos and make sure you give the page time enough to load before downloading the forms.
Below are some of our suggested links:
Trapper & Predator Caller: business-magazines.com/prd9541.php
Wild About Trapping: www.wild-about-trapping.com/
Fur Commission: www.furcommission.com/resource/index.html
Montgomery Fur: www.montgomeryfur.com/
Trapperman (Paul Dobbins): www.trapperman.com/
Wasatch Wildlife: http://www.wasatchwild.com
http://oktrapsupply.com PCS Outdoors: http://www.pcsoutdoors.com/