We typically hold the Fur Sale on the second weekend in February at the Juab County Fairgrounds in Nephi. At the Fur Sale, members bring their pelts to be sold at auction. We conduct a general membership meeting on Saturday afternoon.
The DWR will bounty coyotes. All rules to bounty coyotes apply.
Bobcats may be single lotted, but all other species have limits. You can have up to three lots of three or less furs per species. After that, you must have three or more furs per lot.
If your lots go unsold, you are responsible for picking them up after the sale.
Frozen Animals and Frozen Pelts
If you plan to sell frozen whole animals or frozen fur, call Stan Bassett at (435) 4470-0884 so we can make arrangements.
- To cover buyer/seller fees, we charge a 6% commission fee for sold pelts and a 5% commission fee for unsold pelts.
- Buyers will pay all commissions for frozen whole animals and frozen fur.
- Traps and trapping supply lots will be available to the public to bid on. It will be a closed bid just as fur is a closed bid process. Bid sheets will be available.
- If you buy anything from the trap lots, you must be present at the sale.
- We accept cash, Venmo, or credit card for payment.
Only authorized UTA personnel are allowed on the sale floor. Pictures are not allowed, except for those taken by UTA officers.
Please ensure your pelt counts and paperwork are accurate before you get your assigned lots. This will help the Fur Sale run smoothly.
2022 Fur Sale
We appreciate your participation in the 2022 Fur Sale. See the fur sale archives for the sale results and averages.